Friday, April 11, 2008

Allegory of the Cave

(for Ryan Adams "I boycott today...")

I refuse to accept the world
with its wars
and its surges
and its weapons
and its dead soldiers.
I refuse to accept the world
and its money
and its greed
and its possessions
and its celebrities
in exchange
for your truth
for your justice
for your mind
for your love
for your map
to leave this place
to know awareness
to find your kingdom
where there are
no chains
no inequalities
no oppression
no labels
no darkness
no projected images
because this world is a cave
built after the fall
and the things we believe
are just shadows on a wall.
I want to be
free
free
free
free.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't help but notice you seem to be spending quite a bit of time in bed with some boy. Since I can only assume it's a certain horn blower, he will bear the brundt of being you inspiration. Everytime I read about you being in bed with a guy, regardless of the topic, horn blower gets punched in the arm (the horn holding arm). As it stands now, the tally is two.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats