Monday, April 07, 2008

Sometimes You Can Fool Yourself

Sometimes you can fool yourself into liking someone, but then you just want to kick them out of bed. This is how it has always been, how I judge my feelings for him. Ray was sweet, but he had small feet, and at a mere 5’5 you must stand taller in character and personality of which he had none. He was boring and insecure, so the fact that he was handsome, with perfect hair was not enough, and it showed up when we were laying in bed.

“I don’t mean to be rude, but unless you remove your arm from around my waist, I won’t be able to sleep.” He took it well.

Then there was Joe with unfortunately no where to go when I kicked him out of bed. Joe was smart and he loved the Lord. He was a romantic and a true missionary, but he was the one who would need saving on this particular morning. As he lifted the sheet, I rolled over to see what was disrupting my sleep.

“What are you doing?” I said. “I guess I’m going back to sleep in another bed.” He didn’t take it as well.

I wanted to like these gentlemen and I tried real hard, but no one ever loved someone that they also did not love in bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats