Friday, September 07, 2007

For Elaine, your granddaughter misses you and she's keeping it real.

Another Rhyme by Lindsay McCown

I'm just a beat cop, I said
ain't in nobody's way
yeah, KC can be rough
hard to get through a day
but today was like no other day I might know
when I saw a drug deal and found Jen dealing Blow

She was stylish, but under her Gap pleated slacks
was a bottle of X and cash bills by the stacks
in her car was a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
but the wine? it held none, just a whole lot of Crank
in the silk inner pocket of her winter coat
was some animal tranquilizer and a baggie of Coke
her breath smelled of gin with some hints of green tea
when she coughed, she coughed remnants of cheap LSD

This was it, I said, "Ma'am, you will now come with me"
she just laughed and said, "Fool, I gots places to be"
then she straightened her hair and replaced her headband
and smoothed over a spot on her wool cardigan
then Jen sweetly smiled and gave me the bird
and said, "Son, you remember, this NEVER occurred"
she then showed me her Glock and I prayed once again
that I'd no more encounter the outlaw named Jen

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Jen, your grandmother misses you too. Always keep it real and listen for the muse in all of it's forms.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your grandma is so cool.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

This is true.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats