Sunday, August 13, 2006

Preaching Propaganda

Hey Preacher Man! I shout from the back pew.
Stop preaching science and politics and give me some truth.

You said from the pulpit, "Evolution is the Devil's tool,"
but I teach six periods of science at your local school.
I understand you don't believe you came from a chimpanzee,
but lets get back to the man who walked through Galilee.

You said, "Vote for Bush," with your convincing tones.
Well I did and hurricane victims still don't have homes.
Plus there are prisoners rotting in Guantanamo Bay,
and "F--- You!" is all Dick Cheney has got to say.

You said, "Don't vote for him, he's pro-choice,"
but there are still babies dying and no reason to rejoice.
I understand that abortion is murder,
but lets worship the king, that's what I prefer.

I don't care if it's better to vote red than blue.
I will give to Caesar what Caesar is due,
but when it comes to Jesus...
Stop preaching propaganda and give me some truth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Good read. You can really feel the pasion in the very plain language. I like it a lot.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen! That is excellent writing. My favorite so far. I love reading this!

You wrote very simply, but it got your point across. I'm very impressed!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your piece here - Very powerful : ).

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats