Monday, July 24, 2006

A Rocky Mountain Retreat (written while reading Ginsberg at the Mudhouse)

I saw you in a painting,
perched on the old brick
at our favorite place to be.

I can't imagine you not here.
Oh how you've changed
and continue still,
looking more like the product
of Warhol, hung on the wall.

Please come off of there and take
me away in your green automobile.

"we'd batter up the cloudy highway,"
headlights reflecting off animals' eyes.
You'd hold me close
on the huge bench seat,
with Jesus' light revealing the road.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one. It was definitely written with a collection of things that were around you at the time, and its done very well. Whoever the person is that you wish to take you away, must be a very lucky individual.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your poetry. Of the two here, I prefered the first, though that may be due to the message that it contained. I look forward to reading more. May I ask what poets you read and enjoy?

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats