Monday, July 24, 2006

Become Aware (a first attempt at slam poetry)

I'm not here to change you, I just ask that you open up your mind,
and don't look to me for answers, cause that's not what you'll find.
Start asking questions, and admit that you don't know,
it's the only way to understanding and a life that will surely grow.

So Christians, if you don't mind, I have a few questions.
Since when did God call us to be Pharisees and Sadduceans?
Why do you hate evolution and try to ban it from the schools?
Is that what you truly believe, or a doctrinal rule?
What if God made his people from a big bang and an ape?
Would you still call him Lord, or would you lose your faith?
What if Darwin had been a prophet and his theory a book?
If it was placed between Genesis and Exodus would that change your outlook?

Don't tell me I'm too liberal and my views are straight from hell.
We lift up the same hand in worship and have a testimony to tell.
I could really care less what Darwin has to declare,
but you can only find understanding when you become aware.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slam on legalism!!! I love it. I think I like you Jennifer, because you seem like an open minded young cat that also loves the God that made you. It seems like we're just fed up with the same junk. Keep on keepin on and continue writin da truth. Evolution is real!! Holla!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats