Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's About Time

We need to move slow like a train
does when it leaves the station
because if I need to bail early
I'd prefer it if we weren't moving
at incredible speeds.

When you move in for the first kiss,
move in with no hesitation
like a child eats ice cream
on a summer day. If you wait
too long I might just melt
all over the tile floor.

And don't tell me you love me
until you really know me
because it would be a shame
if we were watching
the ten o'clock news
the night before the wedding
and you found out
I was a liberal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Okay I must say that this is shear genius and I absolutely love it. The speed that it creates just rips you to pieces when you get to the end. Amazing.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this one. I'm not a poetry guru, but I think it is great. It really tells a complete story and the ending is fabulous.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site stats